- To use and mange the Library’s book collections in accordance to the functions and tasks assigned by the National Library of Vietnam
Products and services:
- To organize Book Reading Rooms system to serve readers
- Manage, supervise and remind readers to strictly abide by rules on the use and preservation of library materials
- To receive materials from readers and return to general storage when they have finished reading
- To closely co-operate with other related Divisions to guide readers to locate information and search for materials in the library.
- To implement registration procedures for those card readers under the regulations.
- To learn from experience, compile theoretical and professional guidance in the field of work assigned.
- To organize loan services by two methods: open stack and books on requests at the Book Reading Rooms:
- Open stack on Social Sciences and Humanities
- Open stack on Natural and Applied Sciences
- Multilingual Reading Room
- Book Reading Room on request
- Digital material Reading Room
- Rare material Reading Room
- Book Reading Room for Researchers and Businesspeople